In Spring 2013, Portland Playhouse and Hand2Mouth Theatre teamed up to stage a new adaptation of The Left Hand of Darkness, Ursula K. LeGuin’s 1969 gender-bending sci-fi tale of love, jealousy, power and betrayal. Join envoy Genly Ai on a trek across the cold, isolated planet of Gethen – a place where human beings are neither female nor male, and society is not defined by sexual difference.
- Oregon Live (May 2013)
- Theatre Reviews by Dennis Sparks (May 2013)
- PQ Monthly (May 2013)
- Willamette Week (May 2013)
- Portland Monthly (May 2013)
- The Oregonian (May 2013) - on the extension
- May-June, 2013 at Portland Playhouse