"Visually impressive and more-than-ably performed by the company, whose decade or so of collaboration shows in the strength of their performances."
You are defined by a handful of memories that make you who you are. That haunt you. You recreate them in your mind, but you know they’re gone. You can never go back.
Or can you?
By journeying into the uncanny valley you come face to face with these essential memories, made palpable and alive. For ten years Hand2Mouth has rigorously trained to make this journey into the unconscious mind, and now we present an athletic exploration into the mechanism of memory and the time machine of live performance.
With Uncanny Valley, Hand2Mouth takes the highly personal, wildly exuberant, hyper designed aesthetic we’ve become known for one step further, into the realm of the metaphysical.
Uncanny Valley is created by Hand2Mouth performers Marc Friedman, Julie Hammond, Faith Helma, Liz Hayden, Jeb Pearson, Maesie Speer and Jerry Tischleder, directed by Jonathan Walters and designed by Chris Kuhl, Efren Delgadillo Jr. and E.B. Brooks with dramaturgy by Kate Bredeson and Alex Huebsch, and music composed by Ash Black Bufflo.
Creation of Uncanny Valley is supported in part by Autzen Foundation, Kinsman Foundation, Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of the Americas, The James F & Marion L Miller Foundation, Regional Arts & Culture Council & Work for Art, Spirit Mountain Community Fund, produced with the support and collaboration of Reed College Theatre Department, and developed in part through a residency at Caldera.
- Stage n Studio, KBOO FM (May 2011)
- Culturebot.net (May 2011)
- Portland Monthly, Culturephile Blog (May 2011)
- The Quest - Reed College Student Paper (September 2010)
- Stumptown Mag (May 2010)
- May 12 - 22, 2011, Artists Repertory Theatre, Morrison Stage: Portland, OR (premiere)
- September 8 - 19, 2010, Reed College Mainstage: Portland, OR (workshop performance)
- June 19, 2010, Risk/Reward Festival:Portland, OR (excerpt)
- May 14 - 16, 2010, Reed College Mainstage: Portland, OR (workshop performance)