THIS SHOW IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR TOUR.
“An irresistible seduction of flesh, electronica, song, and violence… truly a remarkable, viscerally nightmarish journey.”
“I’m a sucker for the psychedelic diva freakout.… She’s a tough cookie and she knows how to handle a microphone.”
– Andy Horwitz, Culturebot
A lonely water creature finds a microphone, and an enchanted girl lost between night and the dawn of day sings her heart out: welcome to the eerie world ofUndine. A live performance/song cycle inspired by the ethereal anti-heroine of German folklore, this performance features original songs, live electronic looping, shimmering dresses and wicked beats.
Undine is created and performed by Faith Helma and directed by Jonathan Walters, with music direction by Peter Musselman, John Berendzen, Bill Ibsen and David Chandler, scenic design by Drew Foster, lighting design by Christopher Kuhl and costumes by Lacey Cassidy and Harmony Arnold.
Faith Helma received an Individual Artist Project Grant Award from the Regional Arts & Culture Council to support the creation of Undine.
- Culturebot (August 2009)
- NY Theatre (August 2009)
- NY Post (September 2009)
- TimeOut New York (September 2009)
- Oregon Musings (July 2009)
- Followspot (June 2009)
- Portland Mercury (February 2009)
- Theatre Off Jackson, January 2010: Seattle, WA
- Ontological Incubator, Aug-Sept 2009: New York City
- CounterPulse / Network of Ensemble Theaters, June 2009: San Francisco, CA
- Conduit Dance, February 2009: Portland, OR
- Risk/Reward Performance Festival, July 2008: Portland, OR (excerpt)
- NW New Works Festival, On the Boards, May 2008: Seattle, WA